GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION/EXHIBITION
a. “Applicant” –means a sole proprietorship, partnership or limited liability company applying to exhibit at the conference.
b. “Cubicle(s)” –means the designated exhibition space including all of the fixtures, fittings and furnishings
c. “General Terms and Conditions” –means these General Terms and Conditions of application and exhibition rules and regulations as amended from time to time by the Organizers.
d. “Exhibitor/Exhibitors” – - means a sole proprietorship, partnership or limited liability company applying to exhibit at the conference whose application to exhibit at the conference has been accepted by the Organizers in the form of a written confirmation and has paid full participation fee.
e. “Exhibition” –means the Exhibition to be organized by the Organizers as specified in the application form.
f. “Exhibition Venue” –means whichever venue that is indicated by the Organizers within the conference grounds.
g. “Organizer” – means Global Ministers and Wives’ Conference Organizers – which as promoters and Organizers are responsible for the regulation and control of all aspects of the exhibition.
h. “Publicity Material” – means the promotional gifts, catalogues, pamphlets and any advertising and publicity material whatsoever which an exhibitor wishes to display, distribute or use at the exhibition.
Eligibility for and Condition of Participation
2. The Organizer has absolute discretion in the admission of Applicants. Until an Applicant’s application has been accepted in writing by the Organizer, no rights to exhibit are granted notwithstanding payment or acceptance of the full payment submitted with the application. The Organizer reserves the right to decline any application without further explanation. The Organizer shall not be required to confirm receipt of the completed Exhibition application form. Nor shall confirmation of receipt of the completed Exhibition application form by the Organizer be considered as acceptance of the Applicant as an Exhibitor.
3. Violations of any of the General Terms and Conditions herein stipulated by an Exhibitor shall entitle the Organizer to exclude an Exhibitor from attending an Exhibition.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to remove any items that an Exhibitor has placed in all or part of the space allocated to the Exhibitors without notice should they not be satisfied with the arrangement or placement of such items and dispose of them with no claim from the Exhibitors in respect of the items disposed of.
5. The appropriate application fee/deposit which shall be non-refundable (save as provided in these General Terms and Conditions) must accompany each application. In the event that an Exhibitor fails to settle outstanding amount balances by the specified deadline set by the Organizer, the Organizer is entitled to withdraw the Cubicle confirmation, if any, by notice in writing to the Applicant and to exclude the Applicant from participating in the Exhibition. All deposit(s) already paid by the Applicant will be forfeited.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to demand additional, non-interest bearing deposit(s) at any time as a guarantee against actual or potential damage. Any failure on the part of the Applicant to make payment of any additional deposit(s) requested by the due dates will entitle the Organizer to withdraw the Cubicle confirmation by notice in writing to the Applicant and to exclude the Applicant from participating in the Exhibition. In such circumstances, all deposit(s) already paid by the Applicant will be forfeited. Such additional deposit(s) will be returned to the Applicant without interest within 60 days after the end of the Exhibition subject to the right of the Organizer to deduct the amount of any damage (if any) from the additional deposit(s).
7. In the event that an application is not accepted by the Organizer, the application fee/deposit paid shall be refunded without interest to the Applicant within 30 days from the date of notice of rejection of the application.
8. If an Applicant withdraws his or her application for whatever reason before receipt by him or her of a rejection of his or her application or after his or her application has been approved, he or she forfeits the application fee/deposit paid. However any deposit(s) referred to in Clause 6 herein will be refunded.
9. The Organizer has absolute discretion in allotting space for Applicant’s Cubicle(s) and the location of such Cubicle(s). All decisions to such effect shall be final and no request for change will be entertained. No Exhibitor shall have the right to compensation for damages suffered by reason of change in Cubicle allocation or of alterations to a Cubicle after Cubicle confirmation has been issued; provided that an Exhibitor may withdraw its participation should the Organizer offer a Cubicle area less than fifty (50) percent of the sq metres/sq footage set forth in the Cubicle confirmation, and in such circumstances the deposit(s) paid will be refunded.
10. The Exhibitor’s permit to exhibit at the Exhibition and to use the space or Cubicle(s) permitted by the Organizer is personal to the Exhibitor and shall not be transferred, assigned, subcontracted or shared with any third party regardless of the relationship between the third party and the Exhibitor without the written approval of the Organizer who shall be entitled to give or withhold such approval at its sole discretion.
Use of Site and Safety
11. Precautionary measures such as fences or other means of protection must be taken by the Exhibitors to protect the public from any moving or working exhibit. Such moving or working exhibit shall only be demonstrated or operated by persons authorized by the Exhibitors and shall not be left running in the absence of such persons. Display of such working or moving exhibit must have the Organizer’s prior written approval.
12. The use of laser products at the Exhibition requires prior approval in writing by the Organizer. Application for approval of such must be submitted to the Organizer no later than one month before the opening of the Exhibition.
13. All audiovisual equipment must be sited and be of a noise level so as not to cause any inconvenience to other Exhibitors or Visitors.
14. No Exhibitor or Visitor shall engage in or permit filming, sound or video recording, telecasting and broadcasting at the Exhibition venue unless prior written approval is obtained from the Organizer.
15. No advertising or demonstration at the Exhibition, including the staging of any fashion shows, will be allowed at the Exhibition venue unless the Organizer’s advance approval in writing is obtained.
16. Publicity materials may only be distributed from the Exhibitor’s own Cubicle. No exhibit or advertising signs shall be placed outside the confines of the Exhibitor’s Cubicle.
17. Cubicles must be manned by authorised and competent representatives of the Exhibitor at all times during the Exhibition. Such representatives must be fully conversant with the Exhibitor’s products and/or services. The Exhibitors shall ensure that the representatives comply with these General Terms and Conditions and with all directions which the Organizer or its agents may give before or during the Exhibition.
18. The Exhibitor guarantees that the exhibit and packages thereof and the publicity material do not in any way whatsoever violate or infringe any third party’s rights including trademarks, copyrights, designs, names and patents whether registered or otherwise, and agree to fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified the Organizer and its agents and contractors against all costs, expenses (including legal costs) and damages arising from any third party’s claim of infringement by the Exhibitor and/or the Organizer of such third party rights.
19. Cubicle assembling/installation and decoration must be carried out within the time limits specified by the Organizer and must in any case be completed by 6:00pm on the day preceding the Exhibition opening. The Organizer reserves the right to assemble, install or decorate any space which is not completed by that time at the Exhibitor’s expense.
20. Repairs or alterations to the Cubicle or displays may only be carried out after the Exhibition is closed to the public and with prior agreement of the Organizer.
21. No Cubicle or exhibit shall be dismantled or removed before the official closing time of the Exhibition on the last day of the Exhibition unless special permission has been given by the Organizer.
22. Full particulars of all personnel,
agents or representatives of the Exhibitor must be submitted to the Organizer
for approval and registration before they may be admitted to the Exhibition. As
the personnel are approved by the Organizer (‘authorised personnel’) they will
be issued badges for identification and admission purposes. The Exhibitor shall
ensure that authorised personnel:-
a. display their badges conspicuously whilst on the Exhibition Venue; and
b. do not pass their badges to other persons.
24. The Organizer shall be entitled to
carry out reasonable security checks at the entrance and to refuse entry where
Conduct in the Exhibition Venue
25. Exhibitors and Visitors are prohibited from bringing into the Exhibition Venue any hazardous or dangerous materials or objects which, in the sole discretion of the Organizer, poses a danger to the Exhibitors, Visitors and/or the operation of the Exhibition. Any and all dangerous or hazardous objects will be confiscated by the Organizer.
26. Exhibitors and Visitors shall not do, or permit anything to be done or omitted within the Exhibition Venue, which shall cause a disturbance, nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, damage or danger to any person or property, or which in the reasonable opinion of the Organizer, which shall be final and conclusive, does not conform with a general standard of acceptable conduct of the Exhibition or is considered to be a breach of these General Terms and Conditions or applicable laws and regulations.
27. It is explicitly prohibited for Visitors to record images in any form while attending the Exhibition without the prior consent of the Organizer. Such prohibition includes and is not limited to, the taking of photographs, video recording of any type and drawing or sketching of images.
28. Any breach of these General Terms and Conditions by a Visitor will entitle the Organizer to require a Visitor to leave the Exhibition.
Advertising and Publicity
29. The Organizer shall arrange and be responsible for all publicity arrangements for the Exhibition and no Exhibitor, or its agent, shall give or cause any interview to be given, public announcement, press statement, or any other publicity whatsoever intended to publicise the Exhibition as a whole. An Exhibitor is entitled to publicise their participation in the Exhibition as long as the publicity does not relate to the organisation of the Exhibition as a whole.
30. The inside area of the Cubicle may be used by an Exhibitor for advertising or publicity purposes, but only in respect of the exhibit there displayed.
31. The Organizer may issue directions or rules relating to the design of the areas outside of the Cubicles taking into account the overall theme of the event. An Exhibitor shall comply with such rules or directions.
32. No Exhibitor shall carry out publicity measures outside the boundary of their Cubicle.
33. The following publicity measures are
not permitted even within the Cubicles:
a. those constituting a breach of legal and administrative regulations or restrictions.
b. those containing ideological or political subject matter.
c. those disturbing to other Exhibitors, e.g., acoustic or optical irritations (flashing lights, loudspeaker announcements, etc).
d. those accumulating dust or litter.
e. those interfering with the flow of visitors, especially causing congestion of the aisles.
f. those constituting third party publicity.
34. The use of the logos and the name of the Organizer or of the events shall require the written approval of the Organizer.
Move-in and Move-out of Cubicle Materials and Exhibit
36. The arrangement and payment for transporting goods to and from the Exhibition Venue, receiving, decorating and removing its exhibit are entirely the responsibility of the Exhibitors.
37. No trolleys/dollies shall be allowed in any carpeted areas of the Exhibition Venue.
38. All exhibit, Cubicle materials and the like shall be removed immediately after the closing of the Exhibition according to arrangements and within the time limits specified by the Organizer. Any exhibit or Cubicle materials left behind at the Exhibition Venue shall be deemed abandoned and shall be disposed of by the Organizer at the expense of the Exhibitor concerned. All proceeds (if any) of such disposal shall be retained by the Organizer and no claim can be made against the Organizer in this regard.
39. The Organizer reserves the right to appoint one or more exclusive contractor(s) to handle the movement of all goods and exhibit in and out of the Exhibition Venue, whereupon the Exhibitors shall be obliged to hire the services of such exclusive contractor(s) at the sole cost of the Exhibitors.
Exclusion of Liability
40. The Organizer, its agents, representatives, contractors or employees shall not be liable in any way whatsoever with respect to loss, injury or other damages, other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organizer or their employees, suffered by or inflicted upon an Exhibitor, its representative, employees, contractors, its agents, products or other property of an Exhibitor or such parties or any Exhibitor or Visitor.
41. The Organizer shall not be liable to any Visitor for any loss of or damage to any of his or her property occurring (from whatever cause) in or about the Exhibition Venue nor for the death of or any injury sustained by any of the Visitors whilst on or leaving the Exhibition Venue (other than for death or injury resulting from the Organizer’s negligence to the extent this cannot be excluded or restricted at law (and then only to such extent).
42. The Exhibitors undertake to indemnify and at all times hereafter to keep indemnified the Organizer, its employees and agents on demand from and against all liability, action, proceedings, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) whatsoever which it may suffer or incur by reason of or in relation to the agreement hereunder or by any breach by the Exhibitor of those conditions or in relation to any claim made by a third party against the Organizer.
43. An Exhibitor shall be responsible for effecting adequate insurance which shall include (but not limited to) his or her displays, exhibit and Cubicle(s) against all loss or damage by theft, fire, public (including occupier’s liability) and any other natural causes, and shall produce such policy of insurance to the Organizer upon request.
44. An Exhibitor shall take out insurance policies to cover him or her against all potential liabilities imposed on it in these General Terms and Conditions as well as possible legal liability for negligence and shall produce such policy of insurance to the Organizer upon request. An Exhibitor is fully liable for any loss or damage caused by an act of omission of the Exhibitor or his or her representative, employees or agents to any property of the Exhibition Venue, other Exhibitor’s or the Organizer and shall produce such policy of insurance to the Organizer upon request.
45. A Visitor agrees that the Organizer shall not be held responsible to him or her for any products displayed or sold by an Exhibitor at the Exhibition.
46. A Visitor agrees to indemnify and hold the Organizer harmless, on demand, against all claims, liabilities, losses, suits, proceedings, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including legal fees) and charges of any kind howsoever incurred by or on behalf of or made against the Organizer arising out of any infringement including but not limited to any claim relating to or arising out of the unauthorised taking of any images including the taking of photographs, filming, sound or video recording, telecasting, broadcasting or any type of drawing or sketching of images of any intellectual property rights by that Visitor.
47. The Organizer reserves the right to exercise a general lien over any property the Exhibitor has in the Exhibition Venue in respect to all monies due to the Organizer (including claims for damages) in connection with the Exhibition.
48. The waiver by the Organizer of any of
these General Terms and Conditions shall not prevent the subsequent enforcement
of these General Terms and Conditions or the particular condition waived and
shall not be deemed to act as a waiver in respect of any subsequent breach.
Termination of Right to Exhibit
a. if an Exhibitor or any of its representatives commits a breach of any of these General Terms and Conditions; or
b. if an Exhibitor, being a body corporate, enters into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntarily or compounds with its creditors or has a receiver appointed over all or any part of its assets or takes or suffers any similar action in consequence of debt or if an Exhibitor, being a sole proprietorship or partnership, becomes, or one of its members becomes bankrupt or insolvent or enters into any arrangements with its creditors or takes or suffers any similar action in consequence of debt; or
c. if the Exhibitor conducts any activity which, in the opinion of the Organizer, does not conform to the nature and purpose of the Exhibition, or interferes with the rights of other Exhibitors at the Exhibition (including the Intellectual Property Rights); or
d. if the Organizer in its sole and absolute discretion decides that such right shall be terminated.
50. In the event that an Exhibitor’s right to exhibit in the Exhibition is terminated under 59(a), (b) or (c), the Exhibitor shall have no claim for refund of any monies paid to the Organizer.
51. The Organizer shall return to the Exhibitors the application fee/deposit and any other deposit(s) paid hereunder in the event of a termination of the Exhibitor’s right to exhibit under 59(d). The Exhibitor shall have no other claim against the Organizer for any of his or her loss or damages in connection with any such termination.
Cancellation of Exhibition
52. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, alter in character, shorten or extend the duration of the Exhibition at any time without incurring any liability whatsoever to the Exhibitors or Visitors due to circumstances outside the Organizer’s control including but not limited to war, embargo, civil unrest, outbreak of disease, legal proceedings or government regulations that make it impossible or impractical, for the Organizer in their absolute discretion to hold the Exhibition. An Exhibitor shall have no right to claim and shall not claim against the Organizer or their agents or representatives, whether for loss or damage, or return of part or all of any money paid by the Exhibitor in respect of any cancellation, shortening or extension or any other alteration made to the Exhibition made in accordance with this provision.
53. Furthermore, the Organizer shall be entitled to cancel or postpone the Exhibition, and to alter its duration and hours of operation. No claim by an Exhibitor or Visitor for compensation or refund as the case may be, shall be valid under such circumstances. Should the Exhibition be completely cancelled, all money already paid by the Exhibitor shall be refunded. In the case of postponement or alteration in the duration of the Exhibition, the conditions of the Exhibition shall be applicable to the new duration and hours of operation.
54. The Organizer reserves the right to change the plan, site, character or venue of the Exhibition at any time without giving notice to the Exhibitors or Visitors.
Submission of Claims
55. All claims of the Exhibitors shall be made in writing to the Organizer no later than fourteen (14) days following the last day of the Exhibition. A submission of a claim or any review by the Organizer does not in any way indicate any responsibility on the part of the Organizer in respect of such claim.
Additional Rules and Regulations
56. The Organizer reserves the right to interpret, alter and amend these General Terms and Conditions and to issue additional rules and regulations at any time they consider necessary for the orderly operation of the Exhibition, all interpretations of these Conditions and any additional rules and regulations by the Organizer shall be final.
57. The Exhibitors and Visitors shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Exhibition Venue which are deemed to be integral parts of and incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between the provisions of such rules and regulations and these General Terms and Conditions, these General Terms and Conditions shall prevail. A copy of the rules and regulations of the Exhibition Venue is available from the Organizer on request.
Collection of Personal Information
59. Personal information will be collected from yourself only if you complete an application form to participate in the exhibition or fair. The completion of the application form and provision of such information is necessary in order to participate in the exhibition or fair. If all of the information is not provided by yourself then it will be difficult to contact you to confirm the arrangements and it may also mean that your Cubicle may not situated in the correct display area at the exhibition or fair if you do not provide us with sufficient information relating to your products and/or services. The information provided may be used for the purpose of allocating a Cubicle based upon the categorisation of your goods or services.
60. We will also keep your company information to enable us to contact you in future to advise you of future exhibitions or fairs that you may be interested in attending. If you do not wish to receive such promotional you may contact us to have your name withdrawn from such promotional mailing lists.
Disclosure of Information
61. It is not our aim to use or pass on
personal data without the data subject’s permission and for purposes other than
those stated at the time the data was collected.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
a. personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
b. the public, including persons enquiring about exhibitors of our events;
c. persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Ghana.